Friday, May 29, 2009

THIS IS MY BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A brief introduction about the blogger might be necessary at this point of time. But another question also deserves to be answered. Why blog?? To vent out anger, or to take refuge in it when sad? No, that’s not me. I am a man of ideas. So for their furtherance? Probably. But also because I found a vital difference between keeping ideas within you and presenting it to someone. I found that once you present it to someone, the idea gets even more embedded in your system. You can then, live and breathe, what you previously just felt. And since an audience is difficult to find in this busy world, you need to create one for yourself. And moreover, words are too powerful a tool to be used just as a refuge from bad times; they have such power as to form relationships and even break them, to mould opinions and what not. They might even be a last resort for a lover hoping to bring back his beloved. So I would rather use words in their form in which they are mightier than swords than to seek their help only in times of distress.

But I would make it amply clear that THIS IS MY BLOG. This is not some place where I would say what people want me to say, or what I am expected to say. There are few people who live life by their own terms; they are the luckiest. I may not be in their league completely but most certainly wish to have some space for myself. So no Gail Wynand-ish tricks to make it Banner-like, thus not giving the readers what they desire but what I truly feel. It might sound Charles Foster Kane-ish if I go on to put up my Declaration of Principles now, so I would only declare that I will try to be as original as I can and never ever compromise on my principles.

I dedicate this space to my Ego. But I also dedicate it to the reader’s worthy of it. Self confidence is good, but self-confidence coupled with an unwillingness to change can be destructive. That is where the worthy reader’s come in. I would be grateful for their comments and consider them if they can make me see something new.

Coming back to the question I started with, I would like the reader judge for themselves and form an opinion about the blogger. Some basic information about me would include me being deeply irreligious. I feel at odds to believe in a superpower just to have the feel of an elder brother who will take care of all your worries. I despise such an attitude and will deal with it in some blog. This is a natural fallout of me being a Rationalist. I believe in the value of back-breaking work and feel that it is the easiest thing to do as it requires no help from another’s side. Only then can you be truly self-reliant. I believe in forming relationships rather than networks in today’s purposive world. I try to be different. I try to be good. To be great, maybe. Some questions did get raised on me trying to be all such things and not inherently being those. But I can, without batting an eyelid, still stand by my words. Maybe I was not fortunate enough to be born with such traits. But I take immense pride and my ego overflows with a feeling of joy when I think that I am atleast making an effort, atleast moving forward in my quest to be myself. I most earnestly believe that underneath all of us lies excellence. Beneath all of us is a ROARK, the ideal, and all we can be is a Dominique Francon and seek that ideal, that utopia, that perfection. So why be shy of pursuing it????????? 

6 comments:

  1. A really great post to start your blog - loved the article. There is a sense of confidence and pride in the writing of the author which gives a distinct flavor to the words and their meanings are modified to give a nice taste. Best of luck as a blogger and if you keep writing as you do, there will never be a lack of readers - readers will find you...

    And yes ... Yo for Ego ...
    Cheers - Keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. due,
    i think you are already way near to the roark inside.
    what you've written here, is pretty much the way your ideal thought, or at least the way i grasped him to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing post !!!
    The blogger is as opinionistic as is humanly possible and his blog just proves it all the more.The pursuit of idealism is a noble goal to work but the goal just keeps getting farther as you reach nearer. But,then the very endeavour to pursue it is praiseworthy, albeit audacious. And yes twas a wonderful way to put "all" of you in a nutshell.
    p.s.:-da beginning is scripted already...the journey has begun....a wish that you will travel far and wide...a belief that you WILL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm...gud work...keep it up...bahut aag hai tum main...

    ReplyDelete
  5. now i know i dont write this well but wot i do want to say is ,in simple words, u rock! looking forwrd 4 more from u

    ReplyDelete
  6. hii aayush u've got a very very impressive blog..with some real meaningful stuff in it..n i absolutely loved this post ..it's speaks volumes...n yeah roark n u now i can draw a lot of similarities..

    ReplyDelete